Contractors and Sub-Contractors
All contractors and sub-contractors are required to obtain a City of Paducah business license through our Finance Department, (270) 444-8595.
Proof of Workman's Compensation Insurance or an Affidavit of Workman's Compensation Waiver (if contractor has no employees) is required to be on file in the Paducah Fire Department, Fire Prevention Division upon issuance of permits.
Demolition contractors with employees must have coverage to apply for all employees for Statutory Limits in compliance with the applicable State and Federal laws. In addition, the policy must include Employers’ Liability with a limit of $1,000,000.00. Coverage for Comprehensive General Liability must
- have minimum limits of $1,000,000 per occurrence, $1,000,000 aggregate for Bodily Injury Liability and Property Damage Liability;
- Premises and/or Operations;
- Products and/or Completed Operations.
Business Auto Policy must be afforded and must
- have minimum limits of $300,000 per occurrence, $300,000 aggregate Bodily Injury Liability and Property Damage Liability;
- Owned vehicles;
- Hired and non-owned vehicles
- Employer non-ownership.
The City of Paducah is to be listed as an additional insured on the Certificate of Insurance.
Clean-up contractors working for the Paducah Fire Department, Fire Prevention Division are required to have liability insurance coverage of $1,000,000.00.